Ham Radio Equipment Repair

Brad (the Voice of the Village) Berger

My Fellow Hams,

My Yaesu FT 990 is in need of repair and I've found a place in Gainesville, GA (outside Atlanta) that says, "No problem." Labor is $90/hr and they estimate 2 hours + parts for my repair. This radio is such a boat anchor that I'm planning on driving it down one of these days and dropping it off.

If anyone has equipment in need of repair and wants me to take it down with mine - call the shop and confirm they work on it and then let me know your intensions.

Clairmont Skyland Radio & TV Services
Bill Waller - Owner
825 Oak St.
Gainesville, GA 30501-3511
(678) 971-1130 or (404) 636-5909
hamradioservices.com
clairmontskylandnorth@...

Brad Berger  KM4OJK  (630) 531-1230 cell  (865) 657-3456 home

Sharron Fritts

We recently had an ICOM radio repaired there.  They do all the repair work for HRO.

Bill did a great job, and the 3hr drive was beautiful.   He works on other electronics, not just Ham radios, as long as the equipment has all its parts.
Sharron & Steve Fritts
W4WIF - W4YJ

.

On July 11, 2022, at 4:02 PM, "Brad (the Voice of the Village) Berger" <km4ojk@...> wrote:

My Fellow Hams,

My Yaesu FT 990 is in need of repair and I've found a place in Gainesville, GA (outside Atlanta) that says, "No problem." Labor is $90/hr and they estimate 2 hours + parts for my repair. This radio is such a boat anchor that I'm planning on driving it down one of these days and dropping it off.

If anyone has equipment in need of repair and wants me to take it down with mine - call the shop and confirm they work on it and then let me know your intensions.

Clairmont Skyland Radio & TV Services
Bill Waller - Owner
825 Oak St.
Gainesville, GA 30501-3511
(678) 971-1130 or (404) 636-5909
hamradioservices.com
clairmontskylandnorth@...

Brad Berger  KM4OJK  (630) 531-1230 cell  (865) 657-3456 home

Brad (the Voice of the Village) Berger

Thanks Sharon. That's reassuring to know. I was hoping I could borrow the MARC private jet to go down there with.

On Tue, Jul 12, 2022 at 10:10 AM Sharron Fritts <ssfritts@...> wrote:

[...]

Tim Montgomery

I have a Peavey pa amplifier that I would like for you to take. They do work on them. Let me know when you are going I will get it to you.

Tim Montgomery
N4TLM
865-256-8827

On Mon, Jul 11, 2022 at 16:02, Brad (the Voice of the Village) Berger
<km4ojk@...> wrote:
My Fellow Hams,

My Yaesu FT 990 is in need of repair and I've found a place in Gainesville, GA (outside Atlanta) that says, "No problem." Labor is $90/hr and they estimate 2 hours + parts for my repair. This radio is such a boat anchor that I'm planning on driving it down one of these days and dropping it off.

If anyone has equipment in need of repair and wants me to take it down with mine - call the shop and confirm they work on it and then let me know your intensions.

Clairmont Skyland Radio & TV Services
Bill Waller - Owner
825 Oak St.
Gainesville, GA 30501-3511
(678) 971-1130 or (404) 636-5909
hamradioservices.com
clairmontskylandnorth@...

Brad Berger  KM4OJK  (630) 531-1230 cell  (865) 657-3456 home

Brad (the Voice of the Village) Berger

I'll be glad to. Attach an envelope to it with a write up.  ✍️