From: Juan Lopez <jloz34@...>
Date: July 27, 2022 at 10:06:25 PM EDT
To: TLARC@groups.io
Cc: RK <randykgm@...>, todd@...
Subject: TNPOTA Activation (30-31 July 2022)

image001.jpg

Dear TLARC members:

The Tellico Lake ARC will activate 2 parks for the upcoming TNPOTA event this coming weekend.

The KN4DUA Team:

  • AC6ZM
  • KV4XY
  • WK9M
  • WW4WTF

Times: Day 1 & 2 – 1400Z until 2200Z

Bands: 6/10/15/20/40/80 meters

Modes: SSB/CW/Digital (PSK31 & RTTY)

Parks:   Day 1 – Wilson Cumberland Trail State Park (Black Mountain Trailhead) (CBT) ( K-2955)  https://goo.gl/maps/BRBof6wWUHw3FPKq8

              Day 2 – Seven Islands Birding State Park (SEI) (K-2975)  https://goo.gl/maps/pmyt393oucQiiBe1A

General Notes:

  1. All TLARC members are welcome to attend.
  2. We will operate rain or shine.
  3. Use the drop pins provided in the Google map links of this email to navigate to our location.
  4. Bring your own chair and drinks.
  5. You can operate one of the stations if you desire.
  6. Only the KN4DUA callsign will be used at all stations.
  7. Please contact us for a QSO from your home or mobile station to give us QSO points.
    1. The exchange is your RST + STATE; our exchange will be RST + the 3-letter abbreviation for the Park (e.g., CBT or SEI).
  8. TNPOTA Bonus station (50 -points) is W4T.
  9. Cell phone service at each site is available (Verizon works).
  10. We will be monitoring 2 meter repeaters for drive-ins 147.150 (T118.8) or 147.075 (T118.8), whichever we can hit easily.
  11. Respond to this email as a courtesy if you plan to attend. Day 2 has easier site access than Day 1.

73 de AC6ZM

Juan – Team Lead

Ben Poff

That’s just flat out AWESOME!!! The boys and I really wanted to participate in this event, so we’re quite jealous! 😎 Looking forward to hearing a report out on your adventures … maybe at the August meeting?

Good luck today, and stay safe!

73
Ben KN4VIF
TLARC Vice President

On Sun, Jul 31, 2022 at 08:12 Juan Lopez <jloz34@...> wrote:
TLARC Members,

Yesterday went well. It was great to work several TLARC members and get them in the log. We hit our mark of 300+ QSOs for the Day 1 activation. We got wet and Murphy stopped by for a short visit. We stayed focused and pushed through though. We are recalibrated for Day 2 today. Try to work us today.

Details are below if you are planning to make a visit. Don’t forget we have a 5 QSO rule for TLARC members that visit us today 😉

73 de AC6ZM

image0.jpeg

Begin forwarded message:

From: Juan Lopez <jloz34@...>
Date: July 27, 2022 at 10:06:25 PM EDT
To: TLARC@groups.io
Cc: RK <randykgm@...>, todd@...

--
Ben Poff, EMS-LA
Lead Auditor ISO 14001 - Environmental Consultant

Green Canoe Solutions
Greenback, TN 37742
(865) 440-6139  Cell