Re: Field Day 2021

Allan Tabell

Thanks Jeff for a Field Day well done!

73, K1AT

On 6/28/2021 6:10 AM, Jeff Buffington N4POD wrote:

Greetings TLARC family!

First of all, I want to say thank you to EVERYONE who participated in TLARC's 2021 ARRL Field Day!

While I have participated in many a Field Day over my amateur radio "career," this was by far the best group of folks I ever could have been blessed to work with.  I would like to personally thank each and every one of you for the faith, support, encouragement, and participation!

This was the first time I have ever had a leadership role in such an event. I know I made many mistakes, but I hope to capitalize upon and learn from those.  If I am ever honored with such a position again, I promise to build upon the things that I have learned, and shall seek to improve our group operations even more.

The sheer number of folks that were able and willing to come out to our little "out of the way" event was simply amazing.  The hard work and dedication of several members was simply astonishing.  I would list names and callsigns, but there are so many that contributed, I fear I'd forget someone.

I think we did an amazing job, and I'm proud of everything we accomplished.  I am working on gathering the tallies and calculating our scores.  Once I've gotten everything submitted, I will report back to the group (both via email and on the net.)

If anyone has any suggestions on how I can improve upon things, I am more than willing to listen.  Feel free to contact me on the radio, by email, or by phone.  My contact information is listed at the bottom of this email.

Finally, for those of you who were unable to attend, you were sorely missed!  We hope to see you at the next operating event, but we certainly understand the circumstances have been difficult for many over the past year or so.

If you did participate in Field Day under the ARRL Field Day 2021 Temporary Rule Waiver, and wish to credit the club with your contacts, please make sure you select the TELLICO LAKE ARC as the club.  This is what we will be filing our collective results under.

This was an absolute delight!  Again, I am humbled by the great group of folks we have in the club.  I would love to see us participate in even more operating events, contests, and the like in the near future.  I look forward to seeing how much further we can increase our capabilities.  I look forward to Winter Field Day.  I look forward to other contests (let's make an effort to participate in more events as a group!)  Most of all, I'm looking forward to TLARC's ARRL 2022 Field Day!

Thank you all!

73 and God Bless!

Jeff/N4POD - TLARC 2021 Field Day Chairman
321-217-7645 (cell)