NI6IW - USS Midway Aircraft Carrier Museum

Saturday, July 10, 2021 (0900-1600 PST)... USS Midway Aircraft Carrier Museum (NI6IW) will be active, commemerating Independence Day.

NI6IW will be utilizing the PAPA System for D-Star Operations from 9am to 4pm PST, which is 1700 to 2400 UTC on the following PAPA repeaters:
Reflector 012A & PAPA D-STAR repeaters

MIDWAY NI6IW will be operating on or near its normal HF frequencies of 7.250 MHz LSB, 14.320 MHz USB, 070 PSK31, and various CW frequencies (check spotting networks for the most current information). MIDWAY NI6IW also will be operating VHF/UHF specifically seeking contacts within the PAPA System SOCAL area on PAPA repeaters at the following times PDT:

Saturday July 10

Analog FM
Morning Hours: 0900
Afternoon Hours: 1300

D-STAR REF012A
Morning Hours: 1000
Afternoon: 1400

If you miss us on REF012A please check https://www.dstarusers.org/ for our call NI6IW and "Reporting Node" to see what Reflector we may be using and catch up with us there. We will QSY to various reflectors to maximize QSO's throughout the event.

ZDK (Repeat)...Midway will be operating from:

PAPA Analog
All linked repeaters

Look for NI6IW on HF:
7.250 LSB
14.320 USB
14.070 PSK31
Various Frequencies CW

If you have worked NI6IW before, you will recall the operators rotate through the above repeaters for contacts.
QSL Info: USS Midway CV-41 COMEDTRA NI6IW, 901 N Harbor Dr, San Diego, CA 92101.

Michael J. Foley, K4MJF
Tellico Lake Amateur Radio Club Vice President
Smoky Mountain Amateur Radio Club
470 ARG