Re: Looking for feedback from members

Juan Lopez

I can volunteer to present on digital QSL techniques and methods.

AC6ZM

On Feb 12, 2022, at 10:01 AM, Edward Goodhue via groups.io <EGOODHUE@...> wrote:

 Wsjt modes such as ft8 or jt9 or eme

On Feb 11, 2022, at 1:35 PM, Ben Poff <piscator359@...> wrote:

Good afternoon!

We are soliciting feedback from club members on what kind of program presentations folks would be interested in this calendar year. This club is blessed with a wide variety of members with incredible technical capabilities and interests, and the Admin team would like to be able to showcase those interests and talents, while also providing opportunities for everyone to learn something new and expand their own skill set. At this point I would consider everything as "being on the table", so don't self-censor something you might have in mind just because you think "nobody else likes this", or "this is too big or complicated". Your topic could become the Elmer Hit of the year! I've started collecting some feedback already, and so to help lube up the old brain gears I'm providing a list of things already suggested.
  • Emergency Operations/Communications
  • Portable antennas
  • POTA (Parks On The Air)
  • Training sessions on Extra Class
  • Community Emergency Response Team (CERT)
  • M.E.T.E.R.S/Hospital Net
  • Simplex Net/Operations (Emergency drills involving Simplex comms & relays)
  • QRP Ops
  • Portable power rigs (i.e., battery builds with BMS and solar power)
  • DIY and HomeBrew projects (i.e., Show and Tell, kit building, etc.)
  • Fox Hunting
  • ARES
As you can see, its a good start, but we need your input! What are we missing? Maybe there's a small piece of one of these topics that you want specific information on, so tell us what that is!

If you don't have another topic to throw on the pile, then let us know your favorites from what is listed. Remember, this is your club so tell us what you want to see and hear!

You can respond via the TLARC groups.io, or send me a note directly at piscator359@....

Thank you for your time and effort in this matter!

73
Ben - KN4VIF
TLARC Vice President 2022

Ben Poff, EMS-LA
Lead Auditor ISO 14001 - Environmental Consultant

Green Canoe Solutions
Greenback, TN 37742
(865) 440-6139  Cell