Testing April 15

Joyce Tarbell

The Tellico Lake Amateur Radio Club will conduct testing for new licenses and upgrades in  Room B of the Tellico Village Chota Rec Center on Friday April 15 at 1:00 p.m.  If you are interested in being tested for a new license (Tech) or an upgrade to General or Extra, please let me know names and the level of the test ASAP.  We have two individuals already scheduled to take the Tech exam at that time.  I can be a VE for the them, but if anyone wants to take a General or Extra exam, I will have to get another VE.

All applicants are now required to have an FCC Registration Number (FRN) prior to taking the exam, and to bring that number with them.  If you are already licensed, you will find the FRN on your license.  If you are a new applicant, here are the instructions to get an FRN:

Go to the FCC web at https://apps.fcc.gov/coresWeb/PublicHome.do

Click on the left radio button REGISTER

Under Registration Type, click An Individual, then Continue

Follow the instructions and click Submit.

Attached is a Form 605, which applicants can complete in advance and bring with them.

Applicants must also bring a $10 check payable to WCARS.  This covers administrative expenses of the Western Carolina Amateur Radio Society, which processes the tests and submits them to the FCC.

Joyce Tarbell

K1JAT

(865) 458-8040