From: TLARC@groups.io <TLARC@groups.io> On Behalf Of Ben Poff
Sent: Friday, August 19, 2022 7:48 PM
To: TLARC@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TLARC] Request for purchase of Marketing Support

This is a great discussion! Another thing to keep in my with this particular product … I heard there were 3 options (size?, more?), so until we are able to figure which product has the $350 price tag then that cost is just information. And to clarify, at least from my perspective, my offer of a $50 donation stands no matter what we end up purchasing. I’ll let the others who offered donations speak to that for themselves.

But I love all of the feedback on this! Lots of valuable questions and concerns that should be explored. I will try to get some image files together and send them to Mr. Deyo in the next day or so.

Please keep the discussion going … we want to hear your thoughts!

73

Ben KN4VIF

TLARC Vice President

On Thu, Aug 18, 2022 at 15:23 Chuck Ferguson - N4CSF <csferg60@...> wrote:

Perhaps we could provide info appropriate for both the general public and Hams?  I agree the Club name — spelled out — should get top billing, but the callsign could resonate with Hams more accustomed to working with them.

Also, George, four members agreed last night to donate $200 toward the banner.  So the Club cost would be $150 plus tax.

Appreciate all the constructive input!

73,

Chuck N4CSF

On Thu, Aug 18, 2022 at 3:01 PM George N2APB <n2apb@...> wrote:

Why even the callsign? (Which was Lou’s point.) An unbiased poll of TLARC members would likely show a good percentage that couldn’t pick it out of a lineup.

Same too with the ARRL logo (for the general public).

So that brings the recognizable characters down to “Tellico”.

WhY the rush to get a $350 club flag?  The banner we currently have and used at our FD event worked pretty well, I think.

George

On Aug 18, 2022, at 2:44 PM, Brad (the Voice of the Village) Berger <km4ojk@...> wrote:

I'm thinking the same thing Lou. The call sign should be on it somewhere, but advertising that we're a amateur radio club from Loudon County, TN will get us more bang for the buck.

VoV

On Thu, Aug 18, 2022, 2:31 PM Lou Devillon <ldevillon@...> wrote:

One of the first questions I have is who are we directing the flag to? If it's other hams, this makes sense. If it's for the benefit of the general public. They call sign means little to them. Just my two cents.

On Thu, Aug 18, 2022, 12:38 PM Ben Poff <piscator359@...> wrote:

Hey folks!

As a result of discussion at last night's meeting I am forwarding Juan’s email with a proposed design for a club banner. This is for consideration as we look into various alternatives for club events, and possibly for use by club members during field work (i.e., POTA, mobile field operations, QRP ops). Information will be reviewed and discussed at the September club meeting.

73

Ben KN4VIF

TLARC Vice President