REMINDER: TLARC Net/Zoom and split operation

WK9M

Hi all,

Just to clarify that per the schedule shown on tlarc.org that there is "NO NET" officially scheduled during holiday weeks to give everyone some time with family or maybe you could just use a break.  :)  I won't be on tonight but Chuck is going to be NCS and David will be logging.  If you're around, be sure to give Chuck some practice.

Regarding Juan's comments and split operation, if you are not familiar with it the concept is pretty similar to repeater operation.  To get on the TLARC repeater, you are listening on one frequency and transmitting 5 MHz higher.  Split operation on HF works similarly but the offset isn't as much.  Maybe a few hundred Hz higher on CW, or a couple kHz higher on SSB.  Sometimes the DX station will say how much to go up.

On 7/7/2021 11:15 AM, Chuck Ferguson - N4CSF wrote:

TLARC Members and Guests,

Our next net/Zoom event is scheduled for tonite, 7 Jul 21, at 7:00 PM EDT.  Please join us on the WB4BSC club repeater at 442.100 MHz, +5.0 MHz Offset, PL Tone 100.0 Hz.  You can also join via ZOOM for a multi-mode communication experience during the net.  The Zoom access info includes:

Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 815 823 5077
Passcode: TLARC
One tap mobile
+19292056099,,8158235077#,,,,*656767# US (New York)
+13017158592,,8158235077#,,,,*656767# US (Washington DC)

Dial by your location
        +1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
        +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
        +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
Meeting ID: 815 823 5077
Passcode: 656767
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/k3LRmhHNQ.

The net convenes the 1st, 2nd, 4th, and 5th Wednesdays each month.  Those interested in becoming a weekly "Net Control" may contact Net Chair Randy Kruszka WK9M, and he will provide you the necessary information, script, and guidance to get you started.  This is a great training opportunity to develop your basic emergency communications skills...make the most of it!  We look forward to meeting you on the air and via Zoom tonite.

Chuck Ferguson
N4CSF
Secretary, Tellico Lake Amateur Radio Club